This Term has started off with a bang! This term Ashfield Primary School's Your Move focus will be to set the foundations for routines that will be continued throughout the year as whole school Your Move outcomes. One of these outcomes includes starting our very first Your Move Leader team. As this can be a time-consuming task, I have set out the steps we followed and attached the documents we used. These can be altered to suit the needs of your school, without reinventing the wheel.
- We sent home a note to all parents to inform them of how what the Your Move Leaders will entail and how the nominating process will work (Attachment 1)
- Teachers then collaboratively decided on six Year 4 students who would be responsible in the role and complete outcomes in a timely manner.
- Notes were sent home to the nominated students to congratulate the families and to outline the responsibilities they leaders will take on (Attachment 2).
- We ordered badges with the student's name and 'Your Move Leader' as the inscriptions. We chose a vibrant yellow to ensure that they stand out against the blue school uniform.
- We called each nominated leader's parents to congratulate them personally and to invite them to the Captains-whole school assembly. We run this assembly in Week 3 of Term 1 to present our Head girl, Head boy, Deputy Captains, Faction Captions and this year we proudly added our Your Move Leaders.
- An assembly speech was written and read out at the assembly by the principal (Attachment 3). The students where called out one at a time and presented with their brand new badges. Photos were taken to show just how proud they were (see attached photos).
- Planning was then undertaken to outline the duties of the Your Move Leaders, which we will use to teach them what is expected in their role. This will be outlined in our next post, so keep an eye out for Ashfield's Your Move Leaders!
Note: Please feel free to use any or all of our planning documents and message me if you need any help.
Have a great Week 4 everyone!