Get Online with Your Move
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. Who can enter
The competition is open to any school or workplace located within in the State of Western Australia. Workplace here means the workplace of an organisation (including government entities and private or non-profit organisations) with an Australian Business Number.
2. Conditions of entry
To be eligible for the competition a school or workplace needs to:
- Register their school or workplace on the Your Move website (www.yourmove.org.au) before September 20, 2017.
- Run a travel survey in an approved form (defined below) before September 20, 2017, or, if timing is not suitable for a reason considered valid by the Department of Transport, commit in writing (by email or letter signed by an employee of the school or workplace with authority to do so) to run a survey in an approved form prior to December 31, 2017.
- Complete before September 20, 2017, at least one approved activity (defined below) to promote active transport by students and/or employees in the subject school or workplace.
- Post at least one story on the Your Move website about at least one completed activity, before September 20, 2017.
3. Approved survey
Approved survey here means:
- For schools, a hands up survey of students as described on the Your Move website.
- For workplaces, a survey of employees using the Your Move website or an alternative deemed suitable in writing (by email or letter signed by an employee with authority to do so) by the Department of Transport (if the latter, this should be discussed well ahead of the proposed time of administration of the survey).
4. Approved activity
Approved activity here means:
One of the activities listed as an activity on the Your Move website, or another activity deemed appropriate by the Department of Transport that encourages walking, cycling and/or use of public transport by students and/or employees of the subject school or workplace.
There will be one prize to the value of $1,000 for the winning school and one prize to the value of $1,000 for the winning workplace. Prizes will be provided in the form of reward points on the Your Move website and can be used to obtain goods or services listed in the ‘redeem points’ section of the Your Move website or special orders (for appropriate goods and/or services not specifically listed) that are negotiated with the Department of Transport. Goods or services here could include, but are not limited to, Bike Dr maintenance or training sessions, bicycle or scooter racks, bicycle education sessions, SmartRider cards and gear such as bag and water bottles.
If a winning organisation had not conducted a survey before September 20, 2017, but had committed to running a survey before December 31, 2017, the prize will not be available until the survey has been undertaken.
6. Prize draw
The two winners (i.e. one school and one workplace) will be drawn on Friday September 22, 2017, or a normal working day soon after, at the Department of Transport, 140 William Street, Perth, WA.
- The winners will be determined through a random draw (one for schools and one for workplaces) from the entries submitted.
- The outcomes of the draws are final, unless the Department of Transport deems that a chosen organisation was not eligible.
- The prize winners will be notified by telephone or email based on the contact information entered when registering the organisations on the Your Move website.
- The prize winners will also be promoted through a post on the Your Move website after the draw.
This competition is promoted by the Department of Transport (ABN 27 285 643 255). Address: 140 William Street, Perth, WA.
By entering this competition you agree to these terms and conditions.