GSG's Bikefest 2016 saw 129 bikes and 17 scooters lining the grass as students from Years 1-6 joined in the cycle festivities.
This year we featured:
- safety messages - what protective gear to wear
- current safety messages - "share the road" and "be safe, be seen switch on"
- a series of videos on different cycling styles - the source of lots of 'ooohhs' and 'aaahhs'!
- bike maintenance workshop
- road skills lessons (hand signals)
- a variety of steering, braking and balance courses
- go-slow races (balance and control)
- a cross country tour for Year 6 students.
Special thanks to parents for bringing bikes to school on the day.
Also thanks to Mr Carl Beck (TravelSmart Officer, City of Albany) and Mr Phil Stan-Bishop (Impulse Cycles), Year 11 and Year 9 Outdoor Ed students who assisted on the day, and to staff and teachers for their support in running another successful event.
Discuss this story
0 CommentsPlease login to comment