Encourage kids to use their senses to really enjoy and ‘rediscover’ their journey to school. Download lesson plan below.
Students will have fun creating a personal map that reflects the path that they took and all the things that they discovered on their way to school.
Year Level: 3 to 9
Students will be able to:
- Understand how to read a street map and know that symbols are used to represent different locations;
- Use a map to find the location of both their home and school;
- Choose the ‘best’ path to take from home to school, using a map;
- Use their senses to better connect to the world around them and
- Create a personal map that reflects their journey to school.