The Slow Bike Race and Obstacle Course activity is designed to be fun and raise the profile of bikes in your school. The hope is to entice as many people as possible onto a bike (including non bike riders!).Tell us about how you organised your slow bike race, who got involved and show us photos of people having fun on bikes. Don't forget to award bike prizes on the day!
Running a Slow Bike Race and Obstacle Course is also a great way to reward students who walk, cycle, scoot or take the bus to school. It can be set up for regular lunchtime sessions, as part of a bigger end of term celebration or a themed event day. See bottom of page for download.
Year Level: 5 to 10
- Provide opportunities to refine and develop skills and strategies to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Promoting physical activity as a habit, a way of life and part of moving your body and learning through movement.
- Providing opportunities to be healthy, active and safe.
- Lunchtime event – encourage students to come to school by bike or scooter on the day of the event.
- End of term reward - to reward students who have been regularly using active transport.