Thirty eight Your Move Champions descended on 140 William Street for our November Your Move Forum.
We put together a panel of diverse and informative speakers to inspire:
• Nicky Ridgers, Senior Research Fellow of the Institute for Physical Activity and Nutrition (IPAN) at Deakin University. Nicky reminded us of the crucial role a walk or ride to school plays in kid’s overall activity levels, not only does it create an activity synergy whereby if you’re active on the way to school, you will be more active throughout the day but being active for the school commute burns more energy than a 2 hour PE class!
• Graeme Hartnett, from PwC, provided us with some top tips to help us make the case to management for workplace health and well-being, including the benefits of active travel.
• Tash Butcher, from Corporate Bodies International, provided us with fun, practical and easy strategies to increase physical activity in the workplace.
As part of the day we also ran a couple of focus groups seeking your feedback on the website, inducted some newbies to Your Move and provided some of our school champions with some great PD. And we even went away with a new catch phrase, which applies to both adults and kids, thanks to Nicky Ridgers – The more you Burn the more you Learn.
If you feel like you missed out then you can provide your feedback and check out the presentations below.
• Your Move Website User Feedback Survey
• Feedback Form for the November Forum
• Nicky Ridgers presentation
• Graeme Hartnett presentation
• Tash Butcher presentation
Discuss this story
2 CommentsPlease login to comment