This activity is a fun way for students to compare the space used by different modes of transport. Download the lesson plan below.
Students learn that cars take up more space than walkers and cyclists. Students investigate, explore, propose and implement opportunities to increase their physical activity levels at school and at home and begin to understand ways to reduce traffic congestion around their school.
Year Level: Pre-primary to Year 8
Students will be able to:
- Actively participate and cooperate with group members during hands-on activities;
- Visualise the space taken up by different modes of transport;
- Recognise that cars take up more space than walkers and cyclists;
- Identify problems caused by traffic congestion and
- Identify ways to reduce traffic congestion around the school.