During this lesson, students will interview their parents and family members or local senior citizens to gain an understanding of how transport options and choices have changed over time. Download lesson plan below.
Students will have the opportunity to discuss how these changes have impacted the natural and built environment.
Year Level: 3 to 6
Students will be able to:
- Write interview questions to assist in their research on transport options and choices;
- Consider how the world has changed over the last few generations;
- Record interviews and present findings including conclusions;
- Create a historical record;
- Identify how the introduction of cars has had an impact on the environment, health and social interaction over time and
- Predict new modes of transport.