Transit is a super handy new app for checking to see when the next bus, train or ferry is arriving in any capital city in Australia as well as in more than 175 cities worldwide.
Transit was only recently released and it's your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate the city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request an Uber, reserve a car2go (in certain cities), or grab the closest bike share (in certain cities).
The very cool GO feature act's like a helpful personal robot, GO thinks about your journey so you don’t have to and lets you know when your stop is coming up!
10 great things you can do with Transit:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time*
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) View transit schedules and route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bike share stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and surge) for nearby Ubers, and book in two taps.
10) View availability and book cars with car2go and other local car-share services.
* In certain cities.